Best Scholarships in the UK for International Students
Table of Contents
- Why Do Scholarships Matter for International Students?
- 20 Excellent Scholarships for Students in the UK & Beyond
- UK Residents
- Opportunities for International Students
- Why Apply?
Why Do Scholarships Matter for International Students?
One of the primary reasons why scholarships make a major difference in the UK is the cost of academic courses that usually do not come cheap even when compared to the rest of the world. If one adds the living costs and additional expenses that are typical for the country, even minor financial aid becomes crucial. Thankfully, the UK government offers detailed financial support both for local and international students. It can be explored by visiting the UK Council for International Student Affairs. Of course, many colleges and universities also offer scholarships that are mostly based on academic excellence or special learning needs. According to governmental statistics, English residents can expect payments up to £3,225 in terms of financial aid. While it will always depend on the family’s income, less than 40% of students apply for this kind of help. Since an average payment for academic studies with laboratory work will exceed £39,000, turning to scholarships help becomes the only solution.
20 Excellent Scholarships for Students in the UK & Beyond
- Oxford-Weidenfeld & Hoffmann Leadership Award. This Master’s degree scholarship has a deadline in January 2021. It is aimed at bright students who want to study economics and leadership by pursuing a degree at Oxford. It covers all academic costs for your chosen degree. The average grant amount is £15,285.
- Richmond University. This scholarship of £3,085.00 is offered to undergraduate students to cover tuition costs. The entry requirements include motivation, excellent academic results, recommendation letters, and presence of social work. The deadline: June 2021. The EU students can apply as well.
- Access Edinburgh Scholarship 2021. It offers partial funding of tuition costs for all courses offered for the Bachelor’s degree (up to £5000). It is open to UK residents only. The deadline varies from March to September 2021.
- University of Edinburgh School of Engineering. If you would like to earn a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronics & Electrical Engineering, this award covers partial course fees of £1,500. The deadline: March 2021.
- MBA Business Administration at Swansea’s School of Management. Earn your MBA degree with the partial funding of £5,000. The current deadline is 21 December, 2021. The next is January 2021. The requirements include a personal statement letter, recommendations, and readiness to pass an internship in the UK.
- University of Manchester Science & Engineering Award. It offers complete funding of postgraduate students applying for a Master’s in Science & Engineering. It is £1,200 for UK students and £2,200 for international learners. The deadline: June 2021.
You can buy assignments in Europe at AssignmentBro.
- Unicaf Scholarship Assistance. It offers partial funding for students applying for Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degrees. The deadline and funding vary between Unicaf, Suffolk, and Liverpool John Moores universities.
- Opportunity Scholarship. Offered by Wolverhampton University, it provides £2,000 assistance in most subjects (Bachelor’s degree). The deadline is May 2021.
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarship. The tuition aid ranges from £5,000 to £20,000. Offered both for local and international students, it offers both undergraduate and postgraduate assistance in most courses. The deadline is 29 March 2021.
- The University of Bedfordshire. Covering all subjects offered by the respected university, you can receive up to £2,000. A four-year course with 2 recommendation letters must be present. The deadline is March 2021.
- University of Leeds Economics MSc Scholarship. It offers full tuition coverage for students planning to study Economics & Finance. The deadline is currently open for 2021. The amount paid depends on your personal situation and academic credits.
- Care Leaver Bursary Greenwich UK. It provides a £1,000 award for undergraduate students who have recommendations from the local authority care. You must be a UK resident aged 25 or under. Graduation attending costs are paid, too. It covers most academic courses. The deadline is July-August, 2021.
- University of Kent Academic Excellence Award 2021. It is aimed at undergraduate students and covers all subjects currently taught at the University. The financial assistance is £2,000 for each year. The deadline is September 2021.
- British-Spanish Society Scholarships, King’s College, London. If you are a British national with your course dealing with Spanish-speaking countries and culture, you can apply for this unique award. It is £5,000 in assistance. A postgraduate course with a bilingual presence is necessary. The deadline: February 15, 2021.
- The University of Westminster. Hurry up for this excellent financial assistance from one of the best British institutions. The deadline is January 2021. You can choose applications between undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The payments will depend on your personal financial plan. You must state your financial need both in an interview and a written application.
Thousands of assignments completed. Yours is next!
With every assignment you get:
- 100% original paper
- On time delivery
- Free revisions
- 24/7 online assistance
- Money-back guarantee
- More time for what matters most
Opportunities for International Students
- Clarendon Fund Scholarships offered by the University of Oxford. A fully funded award for both local and international learners. It offers Masters or Ph.D. degrees in most subjects. The deadline: January 22, 2021.
- The Chevening Scholarships. Funded by the UK government, it offers scholarship assistance for students all over the world who have impressive academic results and would like to join a university in the UK. High leadership skills must be present. It supports one-year Master’s degrees and offers over 1,500 scholarships annually. The deadlines depend on the country but usually start in March-April each year.
- Euraxess Researchers Scholarship UK. A unique funding scheme offered by the British Council to researchers who would like to study in the UK or develop their professional career the British way. It supports national specialists as well. The amount of funding depends on experience and the subject. The deadline: April 2021.
- The Commonwealth Scholarships. The famous funding offer aimed at low and middle-income students belonging to the Commonwealth countries. If you cannot afford to study in the UK, consider these options. Good academic results represent an advantage. Deadlines and funding depend on the subject and degree level.
- The University of Oxford. It offers financial aid worth £1,000 for the basic support in terms of living costs for international student expenses. The additional funding requires a separate application depending on your subject and level of excellence. The annual deadline: March 2021.
The answer is quite simple. If you are underprivileged, want to participate in research work, or seek some reward for your academic excellence, applying for a scholarship will help you to cover tuition costs. Do not think twice! Even if studying in the UK sounds like a dream to you, consider international scholarships!
An Extensive List of Vital Resources For Veterans In Need A veteran is a person who has spent years in serving armed forces, particularly someone who has assisted in combats. It also...
An Extensive List of Vital Resources For Veterans In Need A veteran...
Going to college is going to be one of the most exciting times of your life. What’s even better is that soon you’re going to be getting your very own place! You’ll be able to do...
Going to college is going to be one of the most exciting times of...