BLACK LIVES MATTER AT SCHOOL – RESOURCES
Talking About Race
Check out resources to help facilitate conversations about race, including classroom appropriate lesson plans, guides on how to have tough conversations with peers and students, and more.
- Teaching for Black Lives, Edited By Dyan Watson, Jesse Hagopian, Wayne Au. Rethinking Schools.
- Black Lives Matter at School, website of the national coalition organizing for racial justice in education.
- 2020 Curriculum Resource Guide, BlackLivesMatteratSchool.com
- Creating the Space to Talk about Race in Your School (PDF), National Education Association
- Lessons by grade-level and educator resources, Washington DC Black Lives Matter
- Classroom Activities, Circle Scripts, and Promoting Positive School Climate, Rochester City School District
- Black Lives Matter Week of Action in Schools – Schedule and Resources, DC Area Educators for Social Justice
- Discussing Race, Racism and Other Difficult Topics With Students, NEA and Teaching Tolerance Webinar
- Free resources from the book “Teaching for Black Lives,” Rethinking Schools
- Teaching Guide, Seattle Education Association
- Classroom Lessons, Seattle Education Association
See how cities like Milwaukee, Rochester, and Seattle have passed community and union resolutions — and then mobilized to support Black Lives Matter at School.
- Resolution Regarding Black Lives Matter at School, Rochester Teachers Association and the Rochester City School
- Black Lives Matter resolution, Milwaukee Public Schools
- Milwaukee School District Earmarks Funds For Black Lives Matter Initiative, NonProfitQuarterly.org
- #BlackLivesMatterAtSchool: Hundreds of educators across Seattle to wear “Black Lives Matter” shirts to school, IAmAnEducator.com
- #BlackLivesMatterAtSchool FAQ: Answering why hundreds of Seattle educators are wearing “Black Lives Matter” shirts to school, IAmAnEducator.com
- Seattle Education Association join the national call for Black Lives Matter at School Week, Seattle Education Association
- Black Lives Matter at School resolution, Reynolds Education Association (Oregon Education Association)
- Resolution to Recognize Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action (PDF), Portland (OR) Public School District
- Resolution Proclaiming Feb. 3-7, 2020, as Black Lives Matter at School Week, Cook County (IL) Board of Commissioners
Art and Activism
Art and video, and ideas to engage classrooms and communities to support racial and social justice.
- An interview with the founders of Black Lives Matter (VIDEO), Ted Talks
- NEA activists launch series of video “primers” for anti-racist white educators, NEA EdJustice
- Marley Dias talks Institutional Racism (VIDEO), NEA YouTube Channel
If the concept of college entrepreneurs sounds bizarre to you and you do not know how it works, it is high time to find out more with the help of our trusty guide. The trick here is to...
If the concept of college entrepreneurs sounds bizarre to you and you...
What Does MBA Stand For or Why Does It Matter? While we hear the "MBA" term almost daily as soon as we seek good college degrees, think about career options, or just talk to friends, not...
What Does MBA Stand For or Why Does It Matter? While we hear the...