Use Tech to Get Organized: The 100 Best Tools, Websites, Apps and More
Table of Contents
- Notebooks / Journals / Clipping
- To-Do Lists / Task Management
- Mind Mapping / Vision Boarding
- People & Project Management / Team Collaboration
- Miscellaneous / Other
Different people will use these tools in different ways. Some people want lots of bells and whistles and will jump at a do-it-all application like Evernote. Others may just want a simple to-do list that they can manage on their phone. Still others are looking for ways to organize their team, their finances, their passwords and their money. If you fit into any of the above categories, you’ll find something new to love here on this post.
Make sure to check out the miscellaneous section near the end of the post where I’ve stashed some of the coolest and most unique organizational tools. As comprehensive as this list is, I did leave many tools out because they didn’t seem up to par with the rest of the tools listed here, but, if I did happen to miss something great, please leave me a comment to let me know!
Notebooks / Journals / Clipping
- Evernote – Remember anything.
- Catch – App for capturing, discovering and sharing.
- Springpad – Really, really smart notebooks.
- Diigo – Web highlighter, bookmarking and annotation tool.
- Springnote – Online notebook based on a wiki.
- Awesome Note – Combine notes with to-dos in one app.
- Marro.ws – Clipping tool for intellectual people.
- Xinote – Take notes in the cloud.
- Pear Note – Records keystrokes, audio, video and slides (Mac).
- LifeTopix – A personal organization app.
- Bento – Personal database for Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- Mémoires – Simple and secure diary (Mac).
- Jottinx – Simple and clean online note taking.
- reQall – Remember what’s important to you here and now.
- Yojimbo – Effortless, reliable information manager (Mac).
- Together – Keep your stuff together, find it again easily (Mac).
- Memonic – A collaborative online notebook.
- Simplenote – Keep notes, lists, ideas and more.
- TheBrain – Mindmapping, brainstorming and GTD software.
- Shovebox – Capture notes, web archives and more for Mac.
- RedNotebook – A modern journal.
- Mindspace – Encrypted notes and file storage (coming soon).
- Notability – Unleash your note taking ability.
- Notebooks – An iOS app for taking notes.
- Note Taker HD – Take notes with a stylus on your iPad.
To-Do Lists / Task Management
- Workflowy – Easy, powerful and non-overwhelming list maker.
- Taskforce – Converts emails into tasks.
- Coolender – A whole new planning experience (Web/Android/iOS).
- Pagico – PIM + GTD + CRM.
- Any.DO – Make things happen with friends. Android/iPhone/Web.
- Conqu – Powerful multi-platform task management.
- Things – Awesome to-do list for Mac/iPhone/iPad.
- Wunderlist – Organize and share lists. Use them anywhere.
- Omnifocus – Professional-grade task management (Mac/iOS).
- Flow – Get things done with anyone.
- Taskos – To-do for Android with speech-to-text.
- Tuex Duex – A simple, designy, free web-based to-do app.
- TaskPaper – Ultra-simple to-do list for Mac and iPhone.
- SimpleTask – No-frills to do list for Mac and iPhone.
- Dropkick – Simple, elegant to-do for Mac/iOS.
- Todo – Task manager for iPhone/iPod.
- Remember The Milk – Online to-do list and task management.
- Astrid – Personal organization and group collaboration.
- Todoist – Personal task manager.
- Tasskr – Dead-simple web-based task manager.
- Dooity – Light and simple web-based list manager.
- TaskMate – The to-do list made simple again (Mac).
- bTodo – Online to-do and task management for you or a team.
- Todo Brew – Free to-do app for iPhone/iPad.
- Sandglaz – Personal and team online to-dos.
Mind Mapping / Vision Boarding
- MindMeister – Online and mobile mind mapping (Web/iOS/Android).
- Gliffy – Online diagram and flowchart software.
- Poplet – Idea collection, curation, sharing and inspiration.
- MindNode – Easy mind mapping for iOS or Mac.
- Idea Sketch – Visualize, create, share ideas.
- Mindomo – Online brainstorming and mind mapping.
- Corkulous – iOS app for collecting, organizing and sharing ideas.
- SpiderScribe – Online mind mapping and brainstorming.
- Maptini – iPad app for collaboratively building mind maps.
- iThoughts – Mindmapping app for iPhone/iPad.
- iBlueSky – Mind mapping for iPhone/iPod.
- Mindo – Mind mapping for iPad.
- iMindMap – Mind mapping for Mac/iPhone/iPod.
- TheBrain – Mind mapping for Mac/PC/Linux.
- MindHD – Mind mapping and diagramming for iPad/iPhone.
People & Project Management / Team Collaboration
- Rule – Rule your work, enjoy your life.
- Huddle – Enterprise collaboration software used by HTC and KIA.
- Thymer – Easy project management for people who hate project management.
- Basecamp – The leading, most well-known project management software.
- Skylight – All-in-one productivity tool for projects, billing, tasks, files, invoicing.
- Projecturf – Manage projects, people and tasks.
- Wiggio – Collaboration software used by over 100,000 groups.
- Wrike – Fast, easy, enjoyable project collaboration.
- Teambox – Team productivity software used by Lego, Samsung, and Groupon.
- Asana – A shared task list for your team.
- Checkvist – Manage complex tasks together.
- Nirvana – Getting things done web 2.0 style.
- AtTask – Team collaboration software used by Adobe, HBO, NASA.
- WorkMate – Simple, agile project management.
- Gantter – Web-based project scheduling made easy.
- Mindjet – Turn ideas into action.
- LiquidPlanner – Collaboration software used by Citrix, Yahoo and Honeywell.
- Clarizen – Collaboration software used by NBC Universal and Frito Lay.
- GoPlan – Flexible, reliable, secure project management.
- 5pm – Project management, tasks, team collaboration and time tracking.
- HiTask – Team task management, virtual offices, collaboration.
- Upvise – The mobile cloud for smart businesses.
- Nozbe – Web-based time and project management for teams.
- GroupTable – Manage, store, share, plan, track.
- Pelotonics – Group collaboration software.
Miscellaneous / Other
- Thoughtback – Randomly sends you important stuff from the past.
- Shelfster – The best research tool for writers.
- Pageonce – Automatically track and pay money and bills in one app.
- 1Password – Account and password management (Mac/iOS).
- Mint – Personal money manager, budgeting and online banking.
- Yarny – Organize and write a novel in the cloud.
- Grocify – Shopping list for groups.
- Labels that Talk – The audio annotation company.
- Livescribe Smartpens – Record digital notes on real paper.
- Dragon Dictation – Speech to text software for Mac/PC/iOS.
Why Do Scholarships Matter for International Students? One of the primary reasons why scholarships make a major difference in the UK is the cost of academic courses that usually do not come...
Why Do Scholarships Matter for International Students? One of the...
List of College Scholarships and Financial Aid for Students With Disabilities Getting an education is a complex task for all students, especially for those who are disabled. Such students...
List of College Scholarships and Financial Aid for Students With...