130 Best Political Science Topics for Assignment
Table of Contents
- What Is Political Science?
- 10 main areas of political science:
- Current political science issues to write about:
- Historical Political Science Topics
- Most Common Easy Political Science Research Topics
- American Political Science Topics
- Canadian Political Science Topics
- Deep Research Topics in Political Science
- Women in Political Science
- Debate Topics in Political Science
- 10 Controversial Topics in Political Science
- Speech Topics in Political Science
- Youth Political Science Topics
- International relations topics
- Public Administration Topics
- How to Choose a Topic for a Political Science Assignment
What Is Political Science?
The study of political science is the study of the systems and institutions of government and the relationships between governments and citizens. It covers a wide range of topics, from the analysis of political behavior to the study of international relations.
Political science is a branch of social science that deals with the theory and practice of politics and the description and analysis of political systems.
10 main areas of political science:
- Comparative politics
- International relations
- Political theory
- Public administration
- Public policy
- Political economy
Current political science issues to write about:
- How will the United States handle the rise of China?
- What will be the fate of the European Union?
- Will democracy continue to spread around the world?
- How will climate change affect global politics?
- What will be the consequences of the pandemic on global politics?
- What will be the impact of technological advances on global politics?
- How will the global economy fare in the coming years?
- What challenges will global governance face in the future?
- What will be the effect of rising nationalism on global politics?
- How will the geopolitical landscape change in the years to come?
Historical Political Science Topics
- The rise of democracy
- The fall of communism
- Cold War
- The rise of Fascism
- Gulf War
- War on Terror
- The financial crisis of 2008
- The election of Donald Trump
Most Common Easy Political Science Research Topics
- The U.S. Constitution
- The branches of government
- Political parties and interest groups
- The electoral process
- The media and politics
- Government policies and programs
- The different types of political systems
- The history of political thought
- Political philosophy
- Comparative politics
American Political Science Topics
- American Presidency
- American Congress
- American Electoral College
- American Federal Court System
- American Party System
- American Policy Process
- American Political Culture
- American Political Economy
- American Political History
- American Political System
Canadian Political Science Topics
- The historical development of Canadian political science
- Theories of Canadian politics
- The Canadian political system
- The Canadian Constitution
- The role of the Canadian federal government
- The role of the provinces in the Canadian political system
- Canadian political parties
- Interest groups in Canada
- The media and politics in Canada
- Public opinion and politics in Canada
Deep Research Topics in Political Science
- The efficacy of democracy
- The impact of globalization on democracy
- The impact of digital media on democracy
- The role of the military in democracy
- The role of religion in democracy
- The relationship between democracy and economic development
- The relationship between democracy and human rights
- The impact of democracy on social cohesion
- The viability of democracy in the 21st century
- The future of democracy
Women in Political Science
- Women in the American political process
- Women and political power
- Women in the media and politics
- Women in the workforce and politics
- Women’s rights and the political process
- Women and political participation
- Women and political parties
- Women and elections
- Women and the legislative process
- Women and the judiciary
Debate Topics in Political Science
- The impact of social media on political campaigns
- Role of money in politics
- The influence of lobbyists in government
- The power of the media in politics
- The role of interest groups in the political process
- The impact of campaign finance reform on elections
- The role of parties in the political process
- The impact of gerrymandering on elections
- The impact of voter ID laws on elections
- The role of the Electoral College in the political process
10 Controversial Topics in Political Science
- The role of the military in society
- The extent of the government’s power
- The relationship between the government and the people
- The balance of power between the different branches of government
- The role of religion in government
- The treatment of minority groups
- The use of force by the government
- The death penalty
- Gun control
Speech Topics in Political Science
- The role of the media in democracy
- The rise of populism
- The future of the European Union
- The impact of Brexit
- The refugee crisis
- The Trump presidency
- The rise of China
- The Syrian conflict
- The Israel-Palestine conflict
- The war on terror
Youth Political Science Topics
- The current state of youth voting in the United States
- The impact of social media on youth political engagement
- The role of youth in political campaigns and elections
- The relationship between youth and political parties
- The impact of economic recession on youth political participation
- The role of youth in social movements
- The impact of globalization on youth political engagement
- The role of education in youth political socialization
- The impact of technology on youth political participation
- The future of youth political engagement in the United States
International relations topics
- The rise of China and its impact on the global balance of power
- The ongoing conflict in the Middle East and its implications for regional and global stability
- The spread of democracy around the world and its impact on international relations
- The role of international organizations in global governance
- The globalization of the world economy and its impact on international relations
- The proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and their impact on international security
- The rise of religious extremism and its impact on international relations
- The impact of climate change on international relations
- The role of the media in international relations
- The impact of technology on international relations
Public Administration Topics
- The role of public administration in policymaking
- Theories of public administration
- The impact of technology on public administration
- The relationship between public administration and politics
- The role of public administration in promoting good governance
- The challenges of managing public organizations
- The role of public administrators in promoting social equity
- The ethical challenges faced by public administrators
- The role of public administration in disaster management
- The future of public administration
How to Choose a Topic for a Political Science Assignment
When choosing a topic for a political science assignment, it is important to consider what interests you and what is happening in the world around you. There are many different subfields within political science, so it is helpful to narrow your focus to a specific area. Once you have chosen a general area, you can begin to narrow your focus even further by considering what topics are most relevant to your interests and the current political landscape. Once you have a few potential topics in mind, it is important to consult with your instructor to ensure that your chosen topic is appropriate for the assignment.
There is no definitive answer for how to choose a topic for a political science assignment, but the following five steps may be helpful:
- Start by considering your interests. What topics in political science are you particularly passionate about?
- Once you’ve identified a few potential topics, narrow your focus by considering which of these topics would be most appropriate for the particular assignment you’re working on.
- Research your chosen topic to see if it has been adequately covered in the existing literature.
- Make sure your topic is interesting and feasible to research within the time frame you have.
- Get feedback from your instructor or peers on your chosen topic to make sure it is suitable for the assignment.
Geography is the study of the physical and human features of the earth. It includes the study of the environment and ecology, as well as the economic activity that takes place on the earth...
Geography is the study of the physical and human features of the...
The bigger part of college students believes that finding the necessary information for their research paper on sociology is going to be their biggest challenge. However, everything starts...
The bigger part of college students believes that finding the...