International Relations Topics for Assignment
Table of Contents
- Why You Should Study International Relations
- Who is Studying IR?
- Current International Relations Topics
- Research Topics for International Relations
- Controversial Topics in International Relations
- Specific International Relations Paper Topics
- International Relations Debate Topics
- Topics for Ethics International Relations
- Gender International Relations Topics
- International Relations Argumentative Topics
- Sports and International Relations Topics
- African International Relations Research Topics
- Topics China International Relations
- How to Choose the Right Topic?
International relations is the study of the international interactions between states and non-state actors, such as international organizations and multinational companies. It involves the study of world politics, which are the political relations among nations, international relations theory, which is the study of how to explain and predict international relations, as well as international law, a set of rules that governs all actions taken by nation-states.
International relations is concerned with the study of global dynamics, such as the political alliances between countries, military actions taken by those countries, and economic agreements signed by them. It also considers the effects these actions have on one another.
Why You Should Study International Relations
International relations is an important part of learning because it helps students understand the world around them. It helps students explore how different cultures, nations, and regions interact with one another. International relations can also help students learn about different political systems and policies that exist in other countries.
International relations is important for learning because it allows students to explore the global community from a variety of perspectives. It provides students with a better understanding of how people from different backgrounds interact with one another on both a personal and professional level. This subject also helps students develop a deeper understanding of the world around them by exploring various cultures and customs that may be unfamiliar to them otherwise.
Who is Studying IR?
Students who study International relations are typically interested in the way the world works and how it is connected. They want to know why certain countries are allies, while others are enemies. They also want to figure out why some countries are rich and others are poor, or why some nations have vast natural resources while others have none at all.
Students who study International relations are curious about what makes one country different from another, whether they’re studying in-depth topics like military conflict or more general ones like environmental policy.
International relations is a discipline taught at most colleges and universities around the world. In addition to being an academic field of study, it is also a career path for those who want to work in government agencies or other organizations that deal with international issues.
A degree in international relations is a good choice for those who want to work in the government, non-profit organizations, or private companies. A bachelor’s degree can also be a stepping stone to graduate school.
Current International Relations Topics
- The Decline Of The United States
- The Growing Tensions Between Russia And The West
- Russian War Against Ukraine
- The Islamic State And Its Influence On Other Nations
- The Refugee Crisis In Europe And How It Relates To Terrorism
- Climate Change As An International Security Threat (E.G., Drought, Famine)
- The Rise Of Populism In Europe
- How Does The Internet Affect Global Relations, Especially With Regard To Cybercrime?
- The South China Sea Dispute Between China And Its Neighbors
- The United States And China: How Close Are They?
- What’s Behind The United States-Japan Alliance?
- What Is The Future Of NATO?
- Will Taiwan Ever Want To Join China?
- Will Iran Become A Major Player In The Middle East?
- Is Russia Still A Superpower?
- Will There Ever Be Peace Between Israel And Palestine?
- Can The European Union Survive Its Current Crisis?
- How Does Climate Change Affect International Relations Today?
- The Relationship Between Russia, Ukraine And NATO
Research Topics for International Relations
- The Balance Of Power In International Relations
- Regionalism And Its Role In International Relations
- Terrorism, Insurgency, And Counterinsurgency In International Relations
- Ethnicity And Identity Politics In International Relations
- International Law And Its Application To Modern Conflicts And Disputes (For Example The Laws Of War)
- Conflict Resolution Methods Used By Nation States (For Example Diplomacy)
- Nationalism And Its Effects On International Relations
- The Effectiveness Of International Law As A Tool For Promoting Human Rights
- The Influence Of Non-Governmental Organizations On The Development Of International Law And Policy
- The Impact Of War On International Relations, Including Its Effect On States, Militaries, And Societies
- How Domestic Politics Affect A State’s Foreign Policy
- How Do You Know When A Crisis Is Happening?
- Why Are There So Many Refugees Today?
- Are Economic Sanctions Effective In Regulating Foreign Policy?
- What Is A Multilateral Agreement?
- What Is The Difference Between “Soft Power” And “Hard Power”?
- Why Do We Need International Organizations?
- The Role Of The European Union In The International Relations Of Europe And Its Neighboring Regions
- How Have Nuclear Weapons Affected International Relations?
- The Role Of The Media In International Relations
- The Future Of Democracy In The World: Can It Survive?
- The Decline Of American Hegemony And Its Impact On Regional Stability
- Energy Security: Why Is It Important, And How Can It Be Achieved?
- Global Terrorism: What Is It, Where Did It Originate From, And How Can We Stop It?
- How Does Political Corruption Affect Foreign Policy?
- The Rise Of Populism And Why It Is Happening Now In So Many Countries Around The World (Including An Examination Of How Populism Relates To Immigration)?
- The Influence Of Culture On International Relations And Foreign Policy Making
- The Nature Of International Law And Its Development Over Time
Controversial Topics in International Relations
- The Best Way To Achieve Peace Is Through Military Action
- The United States Should Be More Involved In The Middle East And Asia
- China Is The Biggest Threat To World Peace
- The Use Of Torture To Extract Information From Terrorist Suspects
- The Nuclear Weapons Race Between India And Pakistan
- The Legitimacy Of Israel As An Independent Country
- The Use Of Drones By U.S Military Forces
- The United States’ Insistence On The Use Of Force In International Relations
- The Role Of Corporations In International Relations
- Is War Ever Justified?
- Should The United States Have Entered World War I Earlier Than It Did, Or Not At All?
- Recognition Of Kosovo As An Independent Country By The United States And Some Other Countries
- Is War Still Relevant In Today’s World?
Specific International Relations Paper Topics
- How To Resolve The Syrian Civil War?
- The Rise Of ISIS And Its Impact On Global Politics
- The Future Of NATO In The Post-Cold War Era
- The Role Of Russia In Global Affairs
- The Future Of Democracy In Africa And Latin America
- The Use Of Drones In Warfare And Its Impact On International Relations
- The Impact Of U.S. Foreign Policy On Global Relations
- The Effects Of Migration On International Relations
- Cybersecurity: A New Challenge To International Relations
- The Role Of Religion In Global Affairs Today
- Gender Equality: Is It Really A Feminist Issue?
- Why Has Global Trade Become So Important In Today’s World?
- The Effectiveness Of The International Criminal Court (ICC) In Investigating And Prosecuting War Crimes And Genocide
- The Changing Nature Of War And Its Impact On International Relations
- The Emergence Of China And India As World Powers And Their Impact On Global Power Dynamics
- The Advantages/Disadvantages Of Having Strong International Alliances With Other Nations (E.G., How Does It Affect A Country’s Ability To Act Independently?)
International Relations Debate Topics
- Should The U.S. Withdraw From NATO?
- What Is The Best Way To Combat Climate Change And Environmental Degradation?
- Has The World Become More Peaceful Or Less Peaceful Since The End Of World War II?
- How Much Should Nations Intervene In Other Nation’s Affairs?
- What Is The Most Effective Way To Prevent War?
- Is The United States A Nation Or An Empire?
- Is It Better To Use Force Or Diplomacy When Dealing With Other Countries’ Actions That Affect Our Interests?
- Should The United Nations Be Dissolved?
- Which Countries Are Most Likely To Become Superpowers In The Next 10 Years?
- How To Achieve Global Justice?
- Is International Law Universal Or Culturally Specific?
- Is Democracy Possible In Africa?
- Does Technology Make War More Likely Or Less Likely
- Should Countries Tax Carbon Emissions To Reduce Global Warming?
Find the writer according to your requirements
- AssignmentBro is a team of experienced writers in any field of academic research
- We thoroughly choose writers with advanced multistep selection process
- Our writers work according to the highest academic standards
Topics for Ethics International Relations
- What Are The Ethical Issues Surrounding The Use Of Torture?
- Does Religion Play A Role In International Ethics?
- How Does The European Union Support Or Hinder The Development Of Democracy In Its Member States?
- Can An Individual’s Moral Compass Be Aligned With Their National Identity?
- The Use Of Chemical Weapons By The Syrian Government On Its Own Citizens
- How Are Ethics And International Relations Related?
- Who Is An Example Of An International Ethical Actor?
- What Is The Role Of Morality In International Relations?
- Is There A Common Good In International Relations? If So, What Is It?
- How Should We Deal With Conflicts Between National Interests And Human Rights?
Gender International Relations Topics
- Gender And Nationalism
- The Impact Of Gender On International Trade Agreements Or Other Economic Agreements
- The Impact Of Gender On International Security Agreements Or Other Security Agreements
- Women In International Politics
- Sexual Violence As A Tool Of War Or Terrorism (E.G., Rape As A Weapon Of War)
- The Impact Of Globalization On Women’s Rights And Empowerment
- Women’s Health Issues In Developing Countries (Including Maternal Health)
- Men’s Role In Ending Gender Inequality, Including Sexual Assault And Domestic Violence Against Women
- Masculinity In International Relations
- Women’s Political Participation In The Middle East And North Africa Region
- How Gender Roles, Expectations, And Stereotypes Can Influence International Relations?
- How Do Women’s Organizations Affect International Relations Policymaking At Local, National, And Global Levels?
- Gender And International Relations In The Post-Cold War Era
- Explaining The Differences Between Male And Female Political Leadership
International Relations Argumentative Topics
- The Role Of The United States In Global Affairs
- The Future Of Multilateralism In International Relations
- A New Cold War? The Conflict Between The US And Russia
- What Is China’s Role In Global Affairs?
- Is Nuclear Proliferation An Issue Of Concern For The US?
- Immigration: Does It Affect National Security?
- How Important Is Environmental Protection To Global Affairs?
- Is War Inevitable In Today’s World?
- Is Democracy An Effective Form Of Government?
- Can Dictatorships Be Transformed Into Democracies?
- Should Countries Have Their Own Nuclear Weapons?
- Is There A Need For More Global Governance, Or Should The Sovereignty Of Nations Be Respected?
- Does Globalization Lead To Cultural Homogenization And Loss Of Diversity?
- Is Globalization Good For Developing Countries Or Only For Developed Countries?
- Do Nuclear Weapons Make Us Safer Or More Vulnerable?
- Should We Worry About Terrorism From Homegrown Radicals?
- Which Countries Pose The Biggest Threat To U.S. Security Today?
- If Turkey Joins The EU, Will It Improve Its Relationship With Russia?
- Why Should The US Invest More In Foreign Aid?
- What Are Some Ways That The US Can Increase Its Diplomatic Influence Globally?
Sports and International Relations Topics
- The Impact Of Sports On International Relations
- The Relationship Between Sport And Nationalism
- Sport As A Tool In Conflict Management
- Sports Diplomacy: The Use Of Sport To Promote Political And Diplomatic Relations Between Countries Or Groups Of Countries
- The Olympic Games And The Role Of Global Politics In Their Creation
- The Role Of Sports Journalism In International Relations, With A Specific Focus On Reporting On International Competitions Such As The Olympics
- The Importance Of Sport Diplomacy To Peace Efforts Between Countries Or Groups Of Countries That Are At Odds Or In Conflict With One Another
- The Impact Of Social Media On International Relations, Specifically Regarding Its Use By Athletes To Promote Themselves And Build Their Brands (E.G., Through Posting Videos Online)
- The Role Of Athletics In International Relations: Doping, Doping Bans, And Anti-Doping Laws
- How Can Sports Be Used To Create Peace, As Opposed To War?
- How Can Sport Be Used As A Tool For Propaganda Or For Political Purposes?
- What Are The Differences Between Individual Sports And Team Sports? How Does This Affect Their Impact On Society?
- Sports Around The World: What Do They Teach People About Their Culture, History, Economy, Etc?
- The Globalization Of Sports: The Rise Of China’s Influence On The World’s Most Popular Sports Leagues
- The Use Of Sport As A Tool For Social Change: Women’s Rights, LGBTQ+ Rights, Minority Rights, Etc.
- The Role Of Women In Sports And International Relations
- How Sports Fans’ Behavior Can Negatively Affect Diplomatic Relations Between Countries That Are Engaged In Heated Disputes Over Issues Such As Politics Or Religion
- Sports As Weapons Of Mass Destruction: A Look At How Sport Was Used As A Weapon In World War II
- How Can Sport Promote The Growth Of Democracy And Human Rights?
African International Relations Research Topics
- The Challenges Of Regional Integration In Africa
- The Role Of The African Union In Peace And Security In Africa
- The Impact Of China’s Growing Role In African Economies
- How Climate Change Affects Politics And Security In Africa?
- How Conflict Resolution Processes Are Affected By Democratization In Africa
- The Effects Of Corruption On The Economic Development Of African Countries
- The Effects Of Globalization On Africa’s Agricultural Sector
- How To Combat Human Trafficking From Africa Into Europe And Other Parts Of The World?
- What Role Does U.S.-Africa Policy Play In Promoting Democracy In The Region?
- How Can We Help African Countries Develop More Effective Democratic Institutions?
- The Impact Of Global Trade On African Countries As It Relates To Economic Development And Poverty Reduction
- The Impact Of The Ebola Epidemic On Africa’s Economy
- The Effect Of Chinese Investment In Africa’s Industries On Employment Opportunities For Local Workers And The Development Of Local Industries
- How To Improve Governance In African Countries That Have Been Negatively Affected By Chinese Investment?
- How To Utilize Social Media As A Tool For Political Activism, Education, And Mobilization Within African Countries?
- The Impact Of Immigration From Africa To Europe And North America On Socio-Cultural Relations Between Countries
- Constructivist Approaches To Understanding African International Relations
- Post-Colonialism And Its Impacts On African International Relations
- How Does The African Union (AU) Relate To The United Nations?
- What Is The Role Of The European Union In Africa?
Topics China International Relations
- China’s International Relations: The Impact Of Globalization
- China’s Foreign Policy And Its Implications For Regional Stability
- Sino-Japanese Relations In The Post-Cold War Era: A New Type Of Relationship?
- China’s Diplomacy With The United States: A New Normal
- China’s Relations With Its Neighbors: An Overview Of East Asia’s Big Players
- The Role Of Non-Governmental Organizations In Chinese Foreign Policy (Ngos) And Their Impact On China’s Soft Power
- The United States And China: A Changing Relationship?
- The People’s Republic Of China And Its External Environment: Challenges For The 21st Century
- The Future Of U.S.-China Relations In Light Of Shifting Global Trends
- Taiwan’s Status As A Country Or Province Of China
- The Humanitarian Crisis In North Korea, And How It Affects Relations Between China And Other Countries
- The Development Of Gwadar Port In Pakistan And Its Effect On India’s Relationship With China
- Economic Inequality Within China, And Its Effect On Chinese Citizens’ Relationships With Other Countries Such As Japan, South Korea, And India
- Military Expansion By The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Including: Aircraft Carriers; Cyber Warfare Capabilities; New Military Bases In Africa; Nuclear Weapons Capabilities; Etc.
- How China Is Dealing With Climate Change Issues Like Air Pollution Or Deforestation
- China’s Increasing Military Spending And Capability
- China’s Involvement In International Conflict Resolution Efforts, Including Peacekeeping Operations
- The Role Of China In International Organizations Such As The United Nations (UN), World Trade Organization (WTO), International Monetary Fund (IMF), And Others
- How China’s Relationship With Its Neighbors Has Affected Its Role In Global Politics?
- How China’s Relationships With Other Countries Influence Their Domestic Policies, Including Environmental Protection And Human Rights Concerns?
- China’s Cultural Influence On The Rest Of The World
- How Will A Growing Chinese Middle Class Affect Their Country’s Relationship With America?
- How China Sees Itself Within The Global Community, Specifically In Relation To Other Major Powers (United States, Russia, India) And Regional Powers (Japan, South Korea)?
- The Evolution Of China’s Foreign Policy In The Post-Cold War Era
How to Choose the Right Topic?
Choosing the right topic in international relations is not an easy task. The world is changing every day, and so are the events that shape it. There are many things to consider when choosing a topic. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Consider what you want to talk about. Are you more interested in the history of diplomacy? Do you want to talk about how countries interact with each other? Or maybe you want to discuss international law and how it affects various aspects of life.
- Decide how detailed you would like your project to be. Will it be a simple overview of current affairs or will it go into depth about how these issues affect daily life?
- Another thing that should be taken into account is whether or not there are any restrictions on what information can be used for this kind of research (if any).
In the same way, if you are looking for some good International Relations assignment help, you are at the right place. AssignmentBro provides quality academic assistance to students from all over the world. AssignmentBro has an experienced team of writers and editors who have experience in writing on International Relations Topics. You can rely on us for any kind of assignment help including International Relations assignments, dissertations, presentations and case studies and so on.
You thought you were ready for a major business research project. But somehow, you got stuck at the very first step: choosing a topic. You tried the common techniques of brainstorming and...
You thought you were ready for a major business research project. But...
What is an Entrepreneurship Assignment? In simple terms, entrepreneurship can be defined as the practice that aims to establish, evaluate, and achieve success with a particular idea...
What is an Entrepreneurship Assignment? In simple terms...
What Is Political Science? The study of political science is the study of the systems and institutions of government and the relationships between governments and citizens. It covers a wide...
What Is Political Science? The study of political science is the...